WTG Sept 2017
Can Fan Logo
MTNside Logo
The Green Pad CO2 Generator Logo
Canna Logo
Dewey Mister Branding
RX Green Solutions Brand
New Millenium Nutrients Logo
Spectrum King LED Logo

Hey all,

I figured I’d do a little write upon the DIY trimmer I built a couple weeks ago.

I have been researching trimmers online for quite some time and one finally caught my eye.


I grow perpetually, which means once a month I find myself trimming. I really don’t mind trimming, this is my hobby, and i love it. However, after 11 hours and no one to help, i sometimes find myself looking for other options.

This tumble trimmer seemed to be a pretty cool option, it seemed to be a really good mix of efficiency and quality. Plus, a already dry trim, so it seemed to be perfect match, however the lowest retail price for a unit is $899, and I found myself wondering if it could even work without a blade. So I built one myself, and I worked great. I was fucking impressed to say the least. I didn’t throw my top colas in there but I did trim a little less than a pound of bud in less than 2 hours from the drying rack to the storage jar. Basically, I cut some 14” circles out of some particle board from the garage, screwed and glued a dowel in the middle, stapled the mesh I ordered from Memphis Net and Twine to the spool I created and used the sticky sided Velcro to create a flap. Then I made a handle and a spindle out of some black ½” plumbers pipe and flanges from home depot. Lastly, I drilled some holes in a home depot storage tote.

Budget: $60

Growers Storage tote- $10- home depot-

(4) ½” black pipe 3.5 and 4.5” pieces- $10

(2) ½” pipe thread flanges- $13

(1) 1” dowel- $4

(2) 14” diameter X ¾” thick particle board circles- -Free, had some scrap in the garage)

(1) piece of 2’x10’ delta netting with 3/8” hole from Memphis net and twine- $11 See link below


(1) roll of  30 inches of sticky sided Velcro. $10

Assorted Screws


Staple gun

1-1/4” hole saw


Jig saw

Wood glue

In the future I may add some type of screen on the bottom of the tote with a nested tote to catch the kief instead of having to scrape it all out and separate it. Also, ½” netting may work better, I did have to pick out some left-over leaves that got trimmed off but were too big to fall through the holes. Thanks, Heypeterman

Here are the pictures and a video of it working. Video


img_1238 img_1236

img_1240 img_1229

img_1228 img_1239

img_1227 img_1226