Hello, Bob Marley here, and today I have a quick step-by-step guide to building a Hempy Bucket in less than 15 minutes. This version is Hempy Buckets on steroids!
- 2x 5 gal straight sided buckets.
- Knife or 1 inch hole saw.
- Sponge strips.
- 5mm drill bit.
- Cable ties.
- Drill 5x holes in the bottom of bucket 1.
- Drill 1x 1 inch hole in the bottom of bucket 1.
- Take foam spacers and cut to approx 1.5-2 inches.
- Glue foam spacers to inside base of bucket 2.
- Drill a small hole in bucket 2 at the same level as the top of the installed foam spacers.
- Feed foam strips through the 5 holes in bucket 1.
- Place 1 inch pipe through the 1 inch hole in bucket 1.
- Cable tie 1 inch pipe to the brim of bucket 1 to hold in place.
- Lay 1-2 inches of perlite, small stones, vermiculite or desired base layer into bucket 1.
- Fill bucket 1 with desired medium.
- Plant inoculated seed (if auto) or transplant inoculated photo plant.
- Top water for the first time to keep the root zone happy.
- Bottom fill at the same time by watering-in your desired nutrients via the 1 inch pipe until slight runoff.
- Refill only via the 1 inch pipe from now on.
- Ample water is wicked up through the sponge strips keeping the root zone nicely moist (like damp tobacco).
This style of growing allows a few days of water buffering in the small water reservoir in the base of bucket 2.
Happy days and happy growing.