I made homemade screens for the first 4 autos I grew. This second planting I didn’t have screens for two of my seedlings. I think grasshoppers got them. So I made two more screens, these are bigger based on 5 gallon buckets. The first ones I made were based on a caramel popcorn tin. I use staples every inch or so on the seems and have plenty of overhang to fold the edged over to get the sharp edges protected. You should do this wearing gloves. Here are pictures of the new ones, newly made and then pictures of the older smaller version in action. I use 4 stakes made from a metal wire hanger with bends in the part that goes in the ground to make it hold into the soil better.